HP has released v10.0 of their Configuration Management System (CMS) product family. This family includes new versions of HP Universal CMDB, HP Universal Discovery, and HP Universal CMDB Configuration Manager.
Release highlights include the following:
- End to end IT visibility through a completely Agent, Agentless and Passive deployment of Universal Discovery
- Easy access to information for non-administrative IT users via the UCMDB Browser, which provides a simplified, mobile-enabled user interface allowing comprehensive view of any service or configuration item
- Faster time to value and business continuity insight with out-of-the-box cluster resiliency and data quality policies provided by Universal CMDB Configuration Manager - Advanced Configuration Manager
- The ability for large enterprises and service providers to manage multiple tenants within a single Universal CMDB
Licensing changes included as part of the release are:
- Standardization of several licenses on the OS Instance unit of measure
- Migration of HP Discovery and Dependency Mapping (DDM) and HP Discovery and Dependency Mapping Inventory (DDMI) licenses to HP Universal Discovery licenses
- Change of UCMDB Integration Only licensing based on managed servers to UCMDB Third Party Integration based on managed data repositories
To take advantage of version 10 and to obtain the new software media and required license keys, contact your HP support renewal representative and request that your contract be converted to the new licensing model that comes with Universal CMDB, Universal Discovery, and Universal CMDB Configuration Manager version 10. This contract migration must occur for the new software media to appear in "MyUpdates" portal of HP Software Support Online.
Please note that this migration/upgrade program is not for customers who only own the UCMDB free entitlement license (T9390AAE) they obtained as part of buying Service Manager, Asset Manager or Business Availability Center. The migration/upgrade program is for customers with current support contracts for DDM Standard, DDM Advanced, DDM Inventory, Enterprise Discovery, Universal CMDB Foundation, Universal CMDB Integration Managed Server, and/or UCMDB Configuration Manager Advanced Configuration Analysis.
Customers who wish to try out the CMS 10 release and who do not have one of the products listed should contact their sales representative or HP business partner, like Techport Thirteen, for an evaluation copy... or download HP UD/UCMDB/CM 10.0 from hp.com/go/ucmdb.
To learn more about the HP CMS product family, go here:
- Configuration Management System solution
- Universal CMDB
- Universal Discovery
- Universal CMDB Configuration Manager
- Blog post for What's New In HP Universal CMDB
- Blog post for What's New In HP Universal CMDB Configuration Manager
- Blog post for Introducing HP Universal Discovery 10
Let us know if we can show you the new versions! We are here to help.